Vancouver Cutting Edges
Our main purposes as a society are to:
- Provide a friendly, fun environment for gay hockey players and any other hockey players wishing to participate.
- Provide positive exposure of the gay community within the wider society by maintaining competitive teams in recreational leagues and tournaments.
- Promote a sense of self-esteem and well-being among gay hockey players through fair play and skill development.
Our secondary purposes as a society are to:
- Raise funds to assist in carrying out the above purposes by asking for money from corporations, businesses and individuals, and by organizing business activities under the Society Act and permitted by a charitable organization under the Income Tax Act.
- Contribute a portion of funds raised to other non-profit or charitable groups in the gay community.
- Organize social activities for members and supporters